What was your first cancer symptom?
What are some general signs and symptoms of cancer?
- Fatigue or extreme tiredness that doesn’t get better with rest.
- Weight loss or gain of 10 pounds or more for no known reason.
- Eating problems such as not feeling hungry, trouble swallowing, belly pain, or nausea and vomiting.
- Swelling or lumps anywhere in the body.
What is the 7 warning signs of cancer?
Signs of Cancer
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
What are signs that you might have cancer?
Lump or area of thickening that can be felt under the skin. Weight changes, including unintended loss or gain. Skin changes, such as yellowing, darkening or redness of the skin, sores that won’t heal, or changes to existing moles. Changes in bowel or bladder habits.
Can you feel perfectly fine and have cancer?
7. Cancer is always a painful disease, so if you feel fine, you don’t have cancer. Many types of cancer cause little to no pain, especially in the early stages.
Can someone have cancer for years without knowing?
If you’re wondering how long you can have cancer without knowing it, there’s no straight answer. Some cancers can be present for months or years before they’re detected. Some commonly undetected cancers are slow-growing conditions, which gives doctors a better chance at successful treatment.
What does cancer fatigue feel like?
People with cancer might describe it as feeling very weak, listless, drained, or “washed out” that may decrease for a while but then comes back. Some may feel too tired to eat, walk to the bathroom, or even use the TV remote. It can be hard to think or move.
Do all cancers show up in blood tests?
Blood tests are usually done in all cases of suspected cancer and may also be done routinely in healthy individuals. Not all cancers show up on blood tests. Blood tests can give information about the overall health status, such as thyroid, kidney, and liver functions.
Does cancer show up in routine blood work?
Detecting cancer at the earliest opportunity can improve the chances of successful treatment. New research suggests that a routine blood test could help find cancers early. Researchers have previously shown that high levels of platelets – cells in the blood that help stop bleeding – can be a sign of cancer.
What was your first colon cancer symptom?
Early warning signs of colorectal cancer
- Rectal bleeding, either bright or dark red in color.
- Narrow stools.
- Tenesmus, which is the feeling that you have to empty your bowel but nothing passes.
- Anemia caused by iron deficiency.
- Persistent abdominal pain.
- Unexplained weight loss.
What does a cancer pain feel like?
Cancer pain can be described as dull aching, pressure, burning, or tingling. The type of pain often gives clues about the sources of the pain. For example, pain caused by damage to nerves is usually described as burning or tingling, whereas pain affecting internal organs is often described as a sensation of pressure.
Can you have Stage 4 cancer and not know it?
When people are diagnosed with cancer, most of them are diagnosed at an early stage. I was a rarity and was diagnosed at stage 4. Every cancer case is different, some people diagnosed at an early stage have obvious symptoms, some of us diagnosed at a late stage have no symptoms or very insignificant symptoms.
Can you have melanoma for years and not know?
How long can you have melanoma and not know it? It depends on the type of melanoma. For example, nodular melanoma grows rapidly over a matter of weeks, while a radial melanoma can slowly spread over the span of a decade. Like a cavity, a melanoma may grow for years before producing any significant symptoms.
Do you feel ill with bowel cancer?
The symptoms of bowel cancer can be subtle and do not necessarily make you feel ill. However, it’s worth trying simple treatments for a short time to see if they get better.