DIET AS A MODIFIER OF CANCER RISK
What are the 8 lifestyle factors that contribute to cancer?
The important lifestyle factors that affect the incidence and mortality of cancer include tobacco, alcohol, diet, obesity, infectious agents, environmental pollutants, and radiation.
What is the most significant cause of cancer?
Common environmental factors that contribute to cancer death include exposure to different chemical and physical agents (tobacco use accounts for 25–30% of cancer deaths), environmental pollutants, diet and obesity (30–35%), infections (15–20%), and radiation (both ionizing and non-ionizing, up to 10%).
What factors contribute to the yearly incidence of cancer?
This chapter reviews evidence on the contributions of five major risk factors to cancer incidence and mortality: tobacco use, physical inactivity, overweight and obesity, poor diet, and alcohol use.
What is the fastest killing cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is hard to diagnose early and so – when it is diagnosed – there needs to be a sense of urgency in treating people with the disease, as it is the quickest killing cancer.
What are the worst cancers?
Top 5 Deadliest Cancers
- Lung Cancer. U.S. deaths in 2014: 159,260.
- Colorectal Cancer. U.S. deaths in 2014: 50,310. How common is it? …
- Breast Cancer. U.S. deaths in 2014: 40,430. How common is it? …
- Pancreatic Cancer. U.S. deaths in 2014: 39,590. How common is it? …
- Prostate Cancer. U.S. deaths in 2014: 29,480. How common is it? …
What types of cancers are preventable?
- Breast cancer.
- Cervical cancer.
- Colorectal cancer.
- Head and neck cancer.
- Lung cancer.
- Ovarian cancer.
- Prostate cancer.
- Skin cancer.
What are 3 facts about cancer?
Key Cancer Facts
- 10 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.